Moresby Parish Council
To Parish Councillors, the Ward Councillor and the County Councillor
The next meeting of the Moresby Parish Council will be held on Monday 1st February January 2021 at 7.00 pm. This will be a Virtual Meeting on the Zoom platform
- Apologies and Announcements
- Approval and signing of the minutes of the January 2021 meeting
- Declaration of Interests
5a) Ward /County Councillor (issues to mention)
(b) Public participation
- Police Issues
- Planning Matters
None to date
8 Walkmill sub-committee report
9) Clerks Report
- a) Allotments
- b) Play Area and Field cutting and fence
- c) Flooding
- d) Newsletter
- e) Residents complaint concerning barking dog
- Correspondence (to note)
- Cheques to be approved in payment of accounts (note to follow)
12 Parish Councillors Matters (issues to be noted)
J C Shaw Parish Clerk 24th January 2021
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 1st February 2021 at 7.00 pm.
Note: The meeting was held remotely on the Zoom platform.
Members of the public were advised and able to join the meeting.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Casson, Connery, Coward, Horricks. Lawson, Ogilvie, B Parke, Ward Cllr MInshaw and the Clerk.
2 Apologies and Announcements There were apologies from Cllrs Boyes, Parke-Parr, Dixon and County Cllr Barbour.
3 Minutes of the January 2021 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Public participationNo member of the public joined the meeting.
5b. Ward/County Councillor.
Ward Cllr Minshaw said that there had been a great deal of fly tipping in the parish. He had reported the problems to district council officers and the litter had been collected promptly. It was therefore disappointing when the problem continued in and around the same areas. He said he was pleased to see that work had been undertaken on the path from Rowntree to Moresby Parks Road. The clerk said that the county councillor had contacted him and given his apologies. He said he had been ill but asked for any issues discussed that were county council matters were passed to him.
- PoliceThe clerk said that he had circulated most recent newsletters. He said that he had contacted the PCSO about the Quad bike and Mr Horricks said all was quiet at present.
7 Planning There were no applications
8.Walkmill. The chairman reported on the sub committee which had held an on-line meeting on the 26th January 2021. He said that parish councillors had been joined by Walkmill activity group, the West Cumbria Rivers Trust, Suzanne Cooper from the county council, the scout leader from Hensingham scouts and the ward councillor. He said that the county council were ready to involve their solicitor and it was agreed that the parish council would ask Gough and Co to act for them. The sub committee had agreed to produce a list of work that they considered was still outstanding from the county council’s original note of what jobs they would undertake to bring the paths to adoptable standards and would then arrange to see the Rights of Way officer. The parish council endorsed the actions agreed by the sub-committee. Mr Parke said the walk round had been arranged for Friday the 5th February 2021 to meet at the post office at 2.00 pm. The chairman said that social distancing would need to be observed. Mark Casson said that an area between the main path and the bridge at the end of the path beside the pond needed attention.
- Clerks Report
- a) AllotmentsThe clerk said that Brockbanks were the solicitors acting for the beneficiaries of the late Norman Benn and he had written about the costs that the parish council had paid out to date to bring the plots into a state where they could be re-let. Mrs Coward said that a tenant of another plot had left the village and it was agreed that it would be let to her grandchildren. The clerk said that there were other plots which were to be re-let this spring.
- b) Play AreaThe clerk said he had reminded the district council officer that the replacement bin that had been ordered had not yet been sited. He said he had asked for two quotation to mend the fence beside the rugby club car park.
- c) Drainage/FloodingThe clerk referred to the information provided by the ward councillor earlier in the meeting concerning the Rowntree Moresby Parks Road path. Mr Casson said that he was checking the beck behind High Moor road on a regular basis and at present the beck was running clear. The clerk would ask the county council what they their plans were for the beck further up stream
- d) NewsletterThe clerk said he had sent the copy to the printer with the aim to get the newsletter ready for distribution in the week of the 8thFebruary 2021. A new councillor’s distribution list was agreed.
- e)Barking Dogs.The clerk said he had received a complaint from a resident about dogs which he said were dangerous. The matter had been reported to the district council enforcement department who said it was not a matter for them but if the resident thought the dogs were really dangerous, they should be reported to the police. The clerk had told the resident who asked that the parish council report the matter. It was agreed that the resident should deal with the matter himself.
- f) Moresby Parks Road Footway LightsThe clerk said that a number of footway lights are out as a result of an electric cable issue. An investigation trench is to be dug with the issue being resolved as soon as possible
- g)Empty House 136 Moresby Parks.Gillian Connery said that work to clear the overgrown garden had been undertaken.
- h)HGV B5300.The clerk said that the area engineer had passed the request for a traffic count on the road through Howgate to the appropriate county council officer.
- a) The district council had written advising the parish council of the Band D rate increase following the precept set by the parish council. At band D the annual payment would be £25.52 from £25.07 an increase of 45p
- Cheques for Payment
101468 J and R Bennett Christmas Tree £132.00
101469 J C Shaw Salary January 2021 £200.00
101470 J C Shaw Expenses £19.79
- Parish Councillors Matters
- a) Mrs Coward said that she would report on HIMS a pothole on the pavement around 96/100 Moresby Parks and she said that the grit bin at the junction of High Moor Road and Dent Road had been replaced
- b) Mr Lawson commented on the state of the Roads and pavements in Moresby Parks. He understood that a number were on the list for improvement but only work on Solway Road had been undertaken.
- c) Mr Lawson said that work that was promised on the three speed bumps towards Swallow Hill was incomplete.
- d) Mr Lawson referred to the work behind the notice board. Mr Casson said he understood that the grassed area would be re-instated once the work was complete.
- e) Gillian Connery said that she was concerned about the amount of litter in and around Moresby Parks.
The meeting closed at 8.10 pm