The agenda for this meeting has not been posted
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 2nd December 2019 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Boyes, Casson, Connery, Coward, Horricks, Lawson, Ogilvie, B Parke, County Cllr Barbour, Ward Cllr MInshaw and the Clerk.
2 Apologies and Announcements There were apologies from Cllrs Parke-Parr and Dixon. One member of the public was present.
3 Minutes of the November 2019 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed subject to at 15(h) “the” and not “te” in the second line and the addition of “parking” after “improper”
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Public participation A member of the public asked about vacant allotment plots and the clerk agreed to meet the individual on the 7th December 2019 at the allotments.
5b. Ward/County Councillor Cllr Barbour said he would provide information on the Highways Information Management System at the next meeting. He said that the Traffic Regulation Order for a weight restriction on Gallows Lonning would be advertised before the end of the month. He said that he had reported the problems at Quality Corner but the County Highways had not received notification from the police following the RTC which indicated that it was not thought that overhanging trees was the cause or a problem. Cllr Barbour noted that the Howgate sign had been re-instated and it was further noted that the road sign at the junction with Steel Brow on the C4006 had also been repaired. Cllr Barbour said that the officers at te highways depot had agreed to look at the speed bumps leaving Moresby Parks towards Distington. Ward Cllr Minshaw said that he had again reported the footway light opposite 7 Park End Road. He said he had sent a note to the environmental health officer at the district council concerning the rats on the Back Lanes. He noted that the Harras Moor development second decision meeting had been postponed because of the General Election.
- Police matters The clerk said that he had circulated the November police report and would circulate the December 2019 report when it was received.
- Walkmill Sub-committee report The chairman reported that a meeting had been held on the 27th November 2019 when the sub-committee finalised the paper to go to the county council. The paper had been circulated to the council for final approval and this was given. Mention was made of a bench which was to be placed on a temporary basis by the car park It was made from the plastic which had been extracted from the Keekle river by the West Cumbria Rivers Trust and whilst it was in this site the action group were to check to ensure that it did not become litter strewn.
7 Winter Warmth Fund Donation Request
It was agreed to donate £100 to the Cumbria Community Foundation winter warmth fund.
- Planning Applications a) Variation of condition Plot 27 the Mount Whitehaven There was no objection. b) Erection of Porch to front elevation Manesty Rise. There was no objection
10 Clerks Report
- a) Play Area The clerk said he was making arrangements with the district council officer to go through the play area report but had not yet fixed a date.
- b) Planters It was noted that Bennet Bros whilst undertaking the winter planting had replaced the existing boxes.
- c) Howgate Traffic count The clerk said that he had made the request to the County Highways but no action appeared to have been taken.
- d) Donation Request An individual had written requesting financial assistance towards a school trip to Peru. I was agreed to refuse the request but direct the individual to the Cumbria Community Foundation.
- i) Glasdon had sent a product information leaflet
- Cheques for Payment
101412 Great North Air Ambulance (Donation) £100.00
101413 J and R Bennett (Planters and Plants) £460.80
101414 CCF (Winter Warmth Fund) (Donation) £100.00
101415 J C Shaw (Salary November) £200.00
101416 Inland Revenue (Tax ) £150.00
101417 Printpoint (Stationery) £72.00.
101418 J C Shaw (Expenses) £22.01
101419 MPPFA (Donation) £20.00
15 Parish Councillors Matters
- a) Mrs Ogilvie asked about a road sign for School Brow Close. The clerk said that type of sign was the responsibility of the district council and Ward Cllr Minshaw said he would deal with the matter.
- b) Mrs Coward said that the diesel spillage on the old railway line was still a problem and the clerk said he would raise the matter with the officer at the county council
- c) Mr Parke said that the potholes on School Brow had been reported on HIMS.
- d) Mr Parke gave details of an abandoned vehicle on Rowntree Crescent Ward Cllr Minshaw said he would deal with the matter.
- e) Mr Lawson referred to the overgrown trees at Quality Corner. It was not clear whether the trees were inside a garden or had grown on the verge. The clerk was to check before taking any action
- f) Mr Casson asked whether the unadopted road from the Square to the Rugby Union club car park was in the ownership of the district council and who had placed the speed bumps on the road sometime ago. He said that if ownership could be settled he believed that members of the rugby club would be willing to resurface the road.
- g) Mrs Coward asked about the empty property on Moresby Parks and referred to at an earlier meeting. The clerk said that he had reported the matter and would follow up in the New Year.
- h) Mr Troughton said he had reported on HIMS a pot hole at the Pica junction.
- i) Mr Lawson raised the issue of cars parked on School Brow He said he had counted 36 recently
The clerk asked that the Household Emergency Leaflets be taken over to the shop and reminded councillors that the tree was being switched on at St Marks on the 3rd December 2019 at 5.00 pm
The meeting closed at 8.00 pm