The agenda is not shown
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 3rd July 2017
Moresby Rugby Club
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Lawson, Cllrs Boyes, Coward, Horricks, Kelly, McGuirk, Ogilvie, Pritchard, Troughton, Ward and County Cllr Barbour and the Clerk.
2 Apologies and Announcements: There were apologies from Cllrs Dixon and Parke Six members of the public were present.
- Approval of the last minutes: The minutes of the June 2017 meeting were agreed.
- Declaration of Member’s Interests: It was agreed that a declaration would be made should an item arise on the agenda.
- Public Participation
- a) Ward/County Councillor Cllr Barbour said that he had a meeting with the Area Highways officer from the county council in 10 days time and had a list of issues that he would discuss including all the matters raised at earlier meetings of the parish councils. Mrs Ogilvie said that she had met the Area Manager to discuss traffic volumes on the B5306 and she asked that the county councillor pursue this particular problem.
- b) Members of the Public A resident of Howgate spoke about problems he and neighbours faced with improper use of the bridleway from the B5306 to Stamford Hill leading to Lowca. He said vehicles used the bridleway at all times of day and night and speeds were excessive. He said he had spoken to the local PCSO but to no avail. The clerk said he would contact the county council public rights officer and the police about the problem. The issue raised at the last meeting concerning brambles and overgrown vegetation at the top of School Brow was discussed and it was agreed that the parish council would ask the district council to clear the area. It was noted that markings had appeared on the boardwalk in the Walkmill Park. The clerk said he would contact the county council officer to ask whether repairs were planned for this permissive path. The parish council were asked to arrange for the clearing of vegetation on a footpath from Harrier Court to Merlin Drive and from Dent Road to High Moor Road.
6 Police Issues The PCSO was not present. Mr Horricks said he would continue to try to arrange a date for speed gun training with P C Harrison.
- Newsletter It was noted that the second newsletter had been circulated and again positive comments had been received. Mr Troughton said he had followed up two comments received about broadband speed. He said he had spoken to Mr Ruston who attended the last parish council meeting
8 Clerk’s report
- a) Landscape work
- i) The clerk said he had not received a response from David Rawle about work at the Walkmill Park but in light of comments in the public participation section he would contact the officer
- ii) The clerk thanked Mrs McGuirk for following up a comment that had been received through Facebook about rats in High Moor Road. He had contacted the district council environmental health officer.
iii) It was noted that all the planters were in place and he had received positive comments from residents in Low Moresby.
- iv) The clerk said that since the publication of Moresby Matters he had received a number of requests for allotments. He said it appeared there was one allotment empty but he needed to be certain before e an offer was made. He said he would follow up the issue concerning improving the unused plots. The clerk said he had been told that a caravan and a partially dismantled vehicle were being parked on Allotment land. He said he would make enquiries.
- b) Defibrillator The clerk said that the Community Heartbeat charity secretary had informed him that the defibrillator would be fixed in the telephone in the following week. He said he would contact Lauren Watson from North West Ambulance Service about improving the look of the box.
- c) Play Area The clerk said that the district council officer had examined the play area and said that a full re-cover was required. The clerk said that unless this was done there may be problems if an insurance claim was made. It was agreed to go ahead.
- d) Howgate Meeting The clerk said that Nick was not able to attend the meeting and Mrs Ogilvie agreed to attend in his place The clerk said that the Highways England officer was attending to speak about the A595 and there would be an item about the ward boundary review.
- e) Static Caravan It was noted that the static caravan had been removed.
- f) Household Emergency Plan The clerk circulated a leaflet produced by Action for Communities in Cumbria (ACT). It was agreed to order sufficient to be circulated on the same basis as the newsletter.
- g) Christmas tree Mr Kelly said he had made preliminary contact with Rev Paul Kerry to look at the possibility of a Christmas Tree in the Methodist church land. The parish council agreed that he should continue discussions and that the matter would be brought back to the September meeting.
12 Planning Applications There was an application to renew the siting of a static caravan at Buena Vista Low Moresby There was no objection.
- a) The National Grid had written explaining that in the light of the decision by Nu Gen to pause their efforts for a Development Consent Order for a nuclear power station at Moorside National Grid would likewise halt progress. It was agreed that the first drop in event at Moresby left a lot to be desired but the second drop in events was much better when information was available and questions answered.
- b) The district council have produced a draft village services survey. The parish council looked at the pages for Howgate Low Moresby and Moresby Parks and made comments/corrections.
14 Cheques to be approved for payment
101249 J C Shaw (Salary June 2016) £200.00
101250 J C Shaw (Expenses) £41.46
101251 Alan Lawson (Diesel) £140.00
101252 J and R Bennett (Plants) £48.00
101253 J and R Bennett (Plants) £9.60
15 Parish Councillor’s Items
- a) Mr Kelly said that the condition of the pavements in the Churchill Drive/Eden Drive area were in a poor state. Mrs Coward said that it was the same in other parts of Moresby Parks The county councillor said he would mention the situation when he met Traffic and Highways managers in the near future.
- b) Mr Kelly asked whether any further detail of the mobile post office service that was to be offered in Moresby Parks was known. It was noted that in the first instance it would be opened between 12.15 pm and 2.15 pm on Wednesdays outside the shop starting on the 13th July 2017. Mr Kelly asked whether any arrangements were made for delivery of medication from the Distington surgery. Mr Horricks said he would make enquiries.
- c) Mrs McGuirk asked that the vegetation and overgrown bushes at the non conformist grave yard on Church Brow beside St Bridget’s church be cut back.
- d) Mrs Ogilvie asked that the grass at Howgate could be cut again in the next week or so and again at the end of August.
- e) Mrs Coward said that the grass on Moresby Parks opposite Emmaus House had not been cut to the edge.
- f) Mrs Coward declared an interest and mentioned the pathway behind 3 Dent Road The clerk said he had contacted the Home group about the problem.
The meeting closed at 8.30 pm.
The next meeting was fixed for the 4th September 2017