The agenda is not published
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 3rd June 2019 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Coward, Dixon, Horricks, Lawson Ogilvie, B Parke, L Parke-Parr, Ward Cllr Minshaw, County Cllr Barbour and the Clerk.
Five members of the public were present.
2 Apologies and Announcements None
3 Minutes of the May 2019 annual meeting of the parish council. These were agreed.
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Approval of note of the annual parish meeting and any matters arising. The note was agreed.
- Ward/County Councillor Cllr Barbour said that he would speak at item 9. Cllr Minshaw said that he had nothing to mention but would speak to officers at the district council about the fence abutting their land at the end of Dent Road.
6b Public participation A resident expressed concern about parking on Moresby Parks Road at the junction with the Square which obstructed the sight lines for traffic joining the road. County Cllr Barbour said he would pursue the matter with county highways officers.
- Police matters The clerk said that the report was in a different form following a change of PCSO. The report gave no details of the logs which were 3 Road Traffic Collisions –which it was thought were on the A595 by pass-2 Criminal damage,1 highways disruption, 5 Concern for welfare, 1 Public order. It was agreed that better particulars might be given in certain cases and the clerk would contact the officer. Mr Lawson referred to the new speed bumps which were not wide enough and caused problems County Cllr Barbour said he would follow the matter up.
8 Newsletter The clerk to the items he considered worthy of inclusion in a newsletter The chairman said he would produce a short not about Walkmill and a deadline of the 17th June 2019 was given for other contributions It was agreed that the newsletter should be produced and circulated after the July 2019 meeting.
- Clerks Report
- a) Donation request. The clerk said that the council had briefly discussed a donation request from a young man who lived in the parish at the last meeting and further consideration was given. It was agreed that a donation could not be given but he should be directed to the Cumbria Community Foundation “Live the Dream” fund.
- b) Donation Request Copeland Citizens advice Bureau It was agreed to donate £100 to the organisation
- c) Grass Cutting Complaint. The clerk referred to a letter of complaint about grass cuttings not been cleared The council expressed disappointment that a resident should feel any complaint was justified when the work was being undertaken by a volunteer in his own time at no cost to the council and which improved the look of the village The clerk was told to reply in such terms
- d) Cumbria Association of Local Councils . Calc had contacted the clerk asking which councillors would like to be placed on their mailing list.
- e) Walkmill Park It was agreed that the sub-committee would meet after the main meeting.
- Planning Matters. None.
- a) Glasdon had forwarded a product brochure
12 Cheques for Payment
101377 Mike Dowling Contractors (Grass Cutting) £144.0
101378 J C Shaw (Salary) £200.00
101379 J C Shaw (Expenses) £34.53
101380 Inland Revenue (Tax) £150.00
- Parish Councillors Items
- a) Mrs Ogilvie asked whether any progress had been made about Heavy Goods Vehicles using the Howgate road B5306 when the dual carriageway was more appropriate. County Cllr Barbour said he would continue to raise the matter with officers. He said he would provide information at the next meeting on the weight restriction consultation at Gallows Lonning.
- b) Mrs Coward said that fly tipping had taken place on the car park at Walkmill. Cllr Minshaw said he would follow the matter up.
- c) Mrs Coward said that the ground appeared to have been disturbed by the picnic table.
- d) Mr Parke said that speeding on Eagles way clearly a problem. County Cllr Barbour said h would report the issue to the CRASH group
- d) Mr Parke said that the recycling bins were not been collected on the advertised day Ward Cllr Minshaw said he would speak to the officer.
- e) Mr Horricks said that the pavement weeds were not being sprayed and Ward Cllr Minshaw said he would find out whether the service had stopped.
The meeting closed at 7.45 pm