Moresby Parish Council
The Annual General Meeting of the Moresby Parish Council will be held on the
1st June 2020. This will be a virtual meeting starting at 7.00 pm
- Election of Chairman and Declaration of Acceptance of Office by Chairman and Councillors
3 Minutes of the March 2020 meeting of the Parish Council and declaration of Interests
3a Public participation
- Annual Governance Statement
5 Accounting Statements
- Election of Officers
- a) Deputy Chairman
- b) Mary Jackson Trust Fund Representatives
- c) Howgate Ward Steering Group Representatives
- Cheques to be approved for payment (See list attached)
- Annual Report to the council for 2019/2020
12 Parish Councillors Items to include ward Cllr and County Cllr issues
J C Shaw
26th May 2020
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 1st June 2020
Note: The meeting was held remotely on the Skype platform. Members of the public were advised and able to join the meeting.
- Attendance: Cllrs Casson, Connery, Dixon, Ogilvie, B Parke, Parke-Parr, Troughton Ward Cllr Minshaw, and the Clerk.
Apologies were received from Cllr Horricks and County Cllr Barbour
2 Election of Chairman: It was proposed by Mrs Ogilvie and seconded by Mr Parke that Mr Troughton be elected chairman for the forthcoming year. There were no other nominations and Mr Troughton was duly elected. It was agreed that Mr Troughton would sign the declaration of office of chairman for the forthcoming year within the next seven days.
3 Minutes of the March 2020 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed
It was noted that the April 2020 meeting held remotely was not quorate.
3a Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
3b Public Participation No members of the public joined the meeting.
- Approval of the Annual Governance statement. The clerk presented the annual governance statement. The council had sight of the risk assessment paper. He said that the internal auditor was satisfied that proper oversight had been achieved and the council approved the statement which would now be published on the parish website. It was agreed to reappoint the internal auditor for a further year. The council considered the Certificate of Exemption and it was agreed that the certificate should be signed by the Chairman and the Responsible Financial Officer because neither the income nor expenditure exceeded £25k.
- Annual Financial Return The clerk referred to the council’s accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020 as previously circulated. He said that the internal auditor had no issues to report that required the attention of the council and that the internal auditor was satisfied that the system of internal control was appropriate and effective. The council agreed the accounts.
- Elections of Officers and Representatives
a.). Deputy Chairman of the Council. It was proposed that Mrs Ogilvie be appointed vice chairman. This was seconded and Mrs Ogilvie was elected
b.). Mary Jackson Trust Fund. It was proposed and seconded that Mrs Coward be appointed as the council representative on the Mary Jackson Trust Fund. This was agreed.
- c) Howgate Ward Steering Group. It was proposed and seconded that Mr Lawson and Mr Troughton be appointed to attend Howgate Ward Steering Group meetings as voting members with other councillors attending if they so wished.
7 Cheques to be approved for payment
101432 J C Shaw (Marsh Commercial) Motor Mower Insurance £227.29
101432 J C Shaw (BHIB Insurance) Council Insurance £307.89
101432 J C Shaw (Lloyds) Motor Mower repairs £814.32
101432 J C Shaw Salary March April May £600.00
101432 J C Shaw Expenses 3/3/20 to 1/6/20 £154.63
101433 Inland Revenue Tax £150.00
101434 Mike Dowling Allotments £600.00
101434 Mike Dowling Howgate verges £144.00
101435 Copeland B C Bins Collection to 31/3/2021 £618.80
- Annual Report. The clerk presented the annual report to the council. He said that in normal circumstances the report would be part of the annual parish meeting but no annual parish meeting would be held in 2020 The report was agreed with an addition concerning the amount of weeds on the pavements and road gutters. The clerk said it would be posted on the website.
- Parish Councillors Items to include Ward councillor’s comments
- a) Ward Cllr Minshaw said that there had been a Mayors briefing but there was nothing to report concerning the ward. He said tha planning meetings were to resume remotely. Ward Cllr Minshaw said that there were a number of people and organisations in the parish who had undertaken outstanding work during the pandemic and he hoped that the parish council would acknowledge their contribution with a note on the Facebook page and thank you letters. He mentioned particularly the “Moresby Live” day organised by Kate Wright and the work by Jason and Kerry Turner at the shop.
- b) Mrs Ogilvie said that the pandemic had highlighted the need for a list of vulnerable residents in the parish and that perhaps the council should start to compile such a list.
- c) Mrs Ogilvie agreed to speak to Ronnie Lancaster at Mike Dowling contractor about the cutting of the playing field and to Bennet Bros to arrange for the planters to be filled with summer plants.
- d) Mr Parke raised the issue of the right of way over Copeland land beside the Old Pit Lane and mentioned in particular the problem faced by the post office van towards the end of May 2020. The clerk said he would take the matter up with the enforcement manager at the district council.
- e) Mr Parke said that the recycling collection was hit and miss. He said he understood that there would be problems at this time but said it was the same area of Moresby Parks that suffered.
- f) Jo Dixon and Leanne Parke complained about the dog waste that was especially bad towards Emmaus House.
The clerk said that the next meeting was planned for the 6th July 2020 and that was likely to again be a remote meeting on the Zoom platform.
The meeting closed at 8.15 pm