The agenda has not been posted
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 14th May 2018 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Lawson, Cllrs Coward Dixon, McGuirk, Ogilvie, B Parke, L Parke-Parr, and the Clerk.
Apologies were received from Mrs Boyes, Mr Horricks and Ward and County Cllr Barbour
2 Election of Chairman: It was proposed by Mrs Coward and seconded by Mrs McGuirk that Mr Lawson be elected chairman for the forthcoming year. There were no other nominations and Mr Lawson was duly elected. Mr Lawson signed the declaration of office of chairman for the forthcoming year
3 Minutes of the April 2018 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed subject to an addition at item 11.” Item 11(n) Mr Parke said that the pot holes repair especially on School Brow were unsatisfactory. Item 11(o) Mr Parke said that there continued to be real problems at the junction of Solway Road and Moresby Parks due to irresponsible parking. It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Approval of the Annual Governance statement. The clerk said that a change to the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 required the governance statement to be approved before the accounting statement. The clerk said that the internal auditor was satisfied that proper oversight had been achieved and the council approved the statement which would now be published on the parish website
5 Annual Financial Return The clerk referred to the council’s accounts for the year ended 31st March 2018 as previously circulated. He said that the internal auditor had no issues to report that required the attention of the council and that the internal auditor was satisfied that the system of internal control was appropriate and effective. The council agreed the accounts. The council reappointed Mr F G Hoyle as internal auditor for the forthcoming year.
- Elections of Officers and Representatives
a.). Deputy Chairman of the Council. It was proposed that Mr Troughton continue as vice chairman. This was seconded and Mr Troughton was elected
b.). Mary Jackson Trust Fund. It was proposed and seconded that Mrs McGuirk and Mrs Coward be appointed as the council representatives on the Mary Jackson Trust Fund. This was agreed.
- c) Howgate Ward Steering Group. It was proposed and seconded that Mr Lawson and Mr Troughton be appointed to attend Howgate Ward Steering Group meetings.
- d) North Copeland Youth Partnership It was proposed and seconded that Mr Lawson would represent Moresby parish council
7 Cheques for Payment
101299 J C Shaw (Salary April 2018) £200.00
101300 Copeland Borough Council (Footway Lights and Bins) £603.97
101301 Cumbria Assoc. Local Councils (Subscription) £297.00
101302 Moresby RUFC (Subscription) £50.00
101303 J C Shaw (Expenses) £33.83
101304 Gates Tyres (Motor Mower) £77.90
101305 BHIB (insurance) £307.89
101306 MPPFA (Donation) £20.00
101307 Moresby RUFC (Donation) £100.00
- Clerk’s Report.
- a) Defibrillator The clerk said that the defibrillator had been returned to the telephone kiosk and was working properly. Mr Troughton had checked it on a regular basis. The clerk had written thanking Mr and Mrs Turner at the shop for holding the unit whilst the kiosk was defective.
- b) Newsletter It was agreed that a newsletter should be distributed before the school holiday and the clerk said he would, with contributions, arrange for a newsletter to be printed.
c)Quotation for Work The clerk referred to his note with quotations for landscape work. He said that the county council were aware of the damaged wall at Walkmill Country park car park and were obtaining a quotation It was agreed to proceed with two other matters being the damaged wall at the Back Lanes and the repairs to the footpath leading down to the old railway line right of way from Emmaus House. It was agreed to contact Mr Simpson about the car park flooding at the Rugby Club.
- d) Grass Cutting Howgate. The clerk said that Mrs Ogilvie had obtained a quotation to cut the grassed areas at Howgate It was agreed to accept the quote for one cut and continue if that proved to be acceptable.
- e) Footway Lighting Dent High Moor Road The clerk said that the Home group had requested more information.
- f) Fly Tipping The clerk said that he had spoken to the department manager at the district council about the issue the chairman raised at the last meeting. She said that whilst the officer had followed the correct procedure she accepted his manner was not acceptable.
- g) Trees on Highfield The clerk said he had obtained a quotation for a cutting the two broken trees and a second quote for removing other broken branches It was agreed to accept the second quotation
- Parish Councillors Items
- a) Mrs Ogilvie asked when the next bus panel meeting was to be held. The clerk said he would contact Cllr Barbour.
- b) Mrs Ogilvie reported that a deer had almost caused an accident on the A595 dual carriageway.
- c) Mrs Coward said that two dogs were causing problems by being allowed to wander in Moresby Parks. Other councillors made the same point and the clerk said he would speak to the ward councillor and to the district council.
- d) Mrs McGuire reported that food was being thrown out into the Back Lanes with the result that vermin was increasing. The clerk said that he would speak to the district council.
- e) Mrs McGuirk said that a fridge had been dumped down the Old Pit lane beyond the last bungalow.
- f) Mrs McGuirk said that whilst a bus service from Moresby Parks was welcome there were now parking problems with Sellafield personnel catching the bus at Moresby Parks and leaving their cars in inappropriate places in the village.
- g) Mr Parke suggested that the newsletter should advertise a litter pick and the council should arrange a date.
- h) Mrs Dixon asked that the council should support an event at the Rugby Club to celebrate a royal wedding to be held on the 19th May 2018. It was agreed to donate £100.00
The meeting closed at 8.40 pm
- a) Hags Product Brochure
Planning Application schedule