The agenda is not posted
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 13th May 2019 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Cllr Boyes, Coward, Horricks, Ogilvie, B Parke, Troughton Ward Cllr Minshaw, and the Clerk.
All councillors signed the declaration of acceptance of office
Apologies were received from Mr Lawson Mrs Dixon and Mrs Parke-Parr, and County Cllr Barbour
2 Election of Chairman: It was proposed by Mrs Coward and seconded by Mrs Ogilvie that Mr Troughton be elected chairman for the forthcoming year. There were no other nominations and Mr Troughton was duly elected. Mr Troughton signed the declaration of office of chairman for the forthcoming year
3 Minutes of the April 2019 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed
3a Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Approval of the Annual Governance statement. The clerk presented the annual governance statement He said that the internal auditor was satisfied that proper oversight had been achieved and the council approved the statement which would now be published on the parish website. It was agreed to reappoint the internal auditor for a further year.
4a Annual Financial Return The clerk referred to the council’s accounts for the year ended 31st March 2019 as previously circulated. He said that the internal auditor had no issues to report that required the attention of the council and that the internal auditor was satisfied that the system of internal control was appropriate and effective. The council agreed the accounts.
5 Adoption of Standing Orders It was agreed that the standing orders be amended to permit the agenda to be sent electronically. The clerk said that would be at standing order 3c. The legislation was the Local Government (Electronic Communications) (England) order 2015. The standing orders were agreed.
6 Adoption of Financial Regulations These were agreed subject to the clerk reviewing the regulations and reporting back to the June 2019 meeting.
7 Walkmill Country Park. The chairman moved that a sub committee of the council be formed to consider all matters concerning the Walkmill country Park. This was agreed. It was further agreed that a number of local residents would be co-opted to the subcommittee. It was agreed that parish council members would be Mr Troughton Mr Parke Mrs Boyle with District Cllr Minshaw, Mrs Kirk, Mrs Finlay and Mrs Roll being co-opted members It was agreed to hold a subcommittee meeting following the close of business to complete the application for an asset transfer to the parish council. It was noted that a petition to stop the sale had received 440 signatures. Mrs kirk introduced Jody Mills from the West Cumbria Rivers Trust who would work with the group. It was noted that an application had been made to the district council to have the land listed as an asset of community value.
- 8. Elections of Officers and Representatives
a.). Deputy Chairman of the Council. It was proposed that Mrs Ogilvie be appointed vice chairman. This was seconded and Mrs Ogilvie was elected
b.). Mary Jackson Trust Fund. It was proposed and seconded that Mrs Coward be appointed as the council representative on the Mary Jackson Trust Fund. The council agreed to ask Mrs McGuirk to attend the meetings. This was agreed.
- c) Howgate Ward Steering Group. It was proposed and seconded that Mr Lawson and Mr Troughton be appointed to attend Howgate Ward Steering Group meetings.
7 Cheques to be approved for payment
101368 Copeland Borough Council (Bins) £27.97
101369 Printpoint (Stationery) £72.00
101370 BHIB (Insurance) £307.89
101371 Cumbria A L C (Subscription) £287.94
101372 J C Shaw (Salary) £200.00
101373 J C Shaw (Expenses) £43.73
101374 F G Hoyle (Audit Fee) £50.00
101375 MPPFA (Donation) £20.00
It was agreed to add the chairman to the bank mandate
10 Planning Applications
- a) Single story rear extension Arden Lea Moresby Parks
- b) Single story extension Knock Moss Moresby
There was no objection to either application.
- Clerk’s Report.
- a) A 595The clerk said that he had circulated a note from the Highways Agency advising of overnight closures starting on the 13th May 2019 in order that resurfacing work could be undertaken at the three roundabouts from Howgate to the Dobie’s junction.
- b) Calc Summer Conference The clerk said that Cumbria Association of Local Councils had organised a conference to take place at Stoney Beck Penrith on the 22nd June 2019
- a) Whitehaven Citizens Advice had written asking for a donation. The clerk said he would place the matter on the June agenda.
- b) Hags the play equipment manufacturer had sent a product brochure
- c) Zurich Insurance had written offering to quote for the parish insurance.
- Parish Councillors Items
- a) Mrs Ogilvie said that heavy duty lorries continued to use the old road through Howgate and she said that a weight restriction was needed She said that Cumbria Highways were aware of the problem It was agreed to contact the county councillor.
- b) Mrs Ogilvie reported that trees had been chopped down at the Howgate Hotel revealing some fly tipping
- c) Mrs Coward said that cars parked in the turning circle at the end of Dent Road continued to cause problems It was agreed to contact the county councillor.
- d) Mrs Coward said that the fence at the end of Dent Road was broken and as the land belonged to the district council, they ought to mend it. Ward Cllr Minshaw said he would attend to the matter.
- e) Mrs Ogilvie asked about a police report. She said that there had been a number of road traffic collisions on the by-pass.
- f) Mr Horricks said that no action had been taken to remove the untaxed and unroadworthy car on Moresby Parks opposite the grassed area.
The meeting closed at 8.25 pm