Moresby Parish Council
To Parish Councillors, the Ward Councillor and the County Councillor
The next meeting of the Moresby Parish Council will be held on Monday 1st November 2021 at 7.00 pm. The meeting will be held in the Moresby Rugby Union Clubhouse
- Apologies and Announcements
- Approval and signing of the minutes of the October 2021 meeting
- Declaration of Interests
5a) Ward /County Councillor (issues to mention)
(b) Public participation
- Police Issues
- Planning Matters
- a) School Brow development
8 Walkmill sub-committee report
10) Play Area litter picking and inspection
- War memorial
- Donation Great North Air Ambulance
12a Half Year accounts budget and precept request (papers enclosed)
- Correspondence (to note)
- Cheques to be approved in payment of accounts (note to follow)
15 Parish Councillors Matters (issues to be noted)
J C Shaw Parish Clerk 24th October 2021
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 1st November 2021 at 7.00 pm.
At Moresby Parks RU Clubhouse
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Casson, Connery, Coward, Horricks, Lawson, Ogilvie, B Parke, Ward Cllr Minshaw and the Clerk. Two members of the public were present
2 Apologies and Announcements
Apologies were received from Cllrs Leanne Parke Boyes and Dixon.
Mrs Parke submitted her resignation and the clerk said he would contact the district council in order that they could issue the letter to start the election procedure.
3 Minutes of the October 2021 meeting
They were accepted as a true record subject to an amendment at 16a when for “Mr” “Mrs” was substituted.
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
5a Ward and County Councillors
There was no report from the county councillor
The ward councillor said that the consultation on the local plan had ended and the matter would be discussed at full council in December. The damage at the road bridge on the lane to Tivoli cottages had been reported but no repairs had taken place. The repairs to the bridges on the old railway line footpath was out to contract. He said he had no further information on the School Brow planning applications. He said he had spoken to the environmental officer at the district council about the new pipe from the Commercial Park to the stream beside the old railway line footpath who believed that only surface water was being discharged but if there were chemicals then the Environment Agency should be contacted. He said that Hoban’s bus would not now start until the new year. He said he had been asked to represent Moresby at an unveiling of a war memorial at the Whitehaven Cricket Club on the 13th November 2021 but was away. The clerk said he would attend.
5b Public participation
A resident referred to the flooding on the footpath beside the golf club.
6 Police Issues
The clerk said he would continue to circulate the police newsletter. He said he had written to the PCSO asking that he attend a council meeting.
7 Planning applications
- a) An application had been received for a roof to be erected over the midden at Bonny Farm. There were no objections.
- b) The clerk said he had spoken to the planning officer concerning the School Brow applications. He said that the planning officers had referred the applications back to the applicants and the matters were on hold. He had said that there would be a re-consultation when the papers were re-submitted.
- Walkmill subcommittee
The clerk said that the subcommittee had met on the 19th October 2021 and had taken the matter forward. The chair asked that the council given authority to himself Cllr B Parke and the clerk to sign the asset transfer when the solicitor agreed the terms. He said the subcommittee were to meet again on the 3rd November 2021
The clerk said that he needed to visit the allotments to complete the plan. It was noted that a digger was on site at the allotment opposite 42 Moresby Parks The clerk said he would investigate.
- Play area
The clerk said he had asked to meet an Open Spaces officer from the district council on site and was waiting for a reply.
10a) Motor Mower
Lloyds had written to say that the annual service was due and was needed to ensure the insurance remained valid.
11 War Memorial
The clerk said that he had not received information from Parton parish council about the memorial service that he had mentioned at the last meeting but would circulate any e-mail he received. Mark Casson said the Rugby Club committee were still considering whether to erect the Moresby indoor memorial plaque in the club.
- Donation Great North Air Ambulance The clerk said that at the last meeting it was agreed in principle to donate £100.to the charity. This was confirmed. The clerk said he had received a request from Jo Dixon on behalf of the social committee at the rugby club for a donation in the sum of £150 towards the firework display on bonfire night. The donation request was agreed subject to confirmation at the December meeting. The clerk asked if the Covid 19 group were proposing to arrange for Christmas gifts for the children of the parish. It was thought that was the case and the matter would appear on the agenda for the December meeting if a request for a donation was received.
12a Half year accounts, Budget and Precept request.
The clerk referred to the papers circulated with the agenda. He said that the internal auditor would look at the half year accounts before the December meeting. The budget was discussed and it was agreed to increase the precept by 1%for the year 2022/2023.
12b) Website The clerk said that improvements had been made to the website and he had received help from an officer at Calc but in her own time. It was agreed to reimburse the officer with an immediate payment of £50.00.
- a) A brochure from Littlethorpe bus shelters had been received.
- b) A brochure about outdoor fitness equipment from Broxap had been received.
- Cheques to be approved for payment
101509 J C Shaw Salary Sept. and Expense £317.23
101510 Community Heartbeat Trust Annual Service £42.90
101511 Mike Dowling Grass Cutting £120.00
101512 Great North Air Ambulance Donation £100.00
101513 Moresby RU Club Donation Fireworks £150.00
- Parish Councillors matters
- a) Mrs Coward said that the MPPFA papers were ready to hand over.
- b) It was agreed that the Chairman would speak to the proprietors of the shop about the siting of the Christmas Tree and that Bennetts be asked to provide a tree if a site could be agreed. It was agreed that parish councillors would look to supply lights etc.
- c) Mr Lawson referred to the continuing absence of the county councillor at parish council meetings.
- d) Mr Parke said that a reflector at the bridge over the old railway line needed to be replaced and had been put on HIMS.
- e) Mrs Ogilvie said that Trainrite were still stopping on the B5306 causing problems.
- f) Mrs Connery said that the new pavement on Solway Road had been damaged outside number 13.
- g) Mr Casson asked about progress towards funding for improvements to be made on the Walkmill site. The chair said that a grant application was still being written but it was hoped that the application would be ready for the December meeting of the Heritage Lottery panel.
The meeting closed at 8.20