The agenda for this meeting has not been posted
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 7th October 2019 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Boyes, Ogilvie, B Parke, L Parke-Parr, County Cllr Barbour, and the Clerk.
2 Apologies and Announcements There were apologies from Cllrs Coward, Dixon, Horricks, Lawson, and Ward Cllr Minshaw
3 Minutes of the September 2019 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed.
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Public participation No members of the public were present
5b. Ward/County Councillor Cllr Barbour said that a Working Together highways agreement would need to be signed before April 2020. He said he would provide information on the Highways Information Management System at the next meeting.
The clerk said he had received a report from Ward Cllr Minshaw. He said that he had reported the pavement weeds. The worst areas were Solway Road/Dent Road and School Brow. He said that the Pit Road light appeared to be working. The railway bridge footpath steps were still not repaired. Graham said that he had visited the school and was impressed with the new library and that the planning request for 370 dwellings on Harras Moor had been refused
- Police matters The clerk said that a note from the police indicated that a new report had been devised which would cover the whole of the Whitehaven area and he would circulate it when it was received but an item would remain on the agenda.
- Walkmill Sub-committee report The chairman reported that a meeting had been held on the 4th October 2019 when the sub-committee discussed progress. The West Cumbria River Trust officer had made a start on a business case to submit to the county council. The meeting added to it and will hopefully complete the form at the next meeting. An officer from Hospice at Home spoke at the meeting. It was noted that work on the paths to bring them up to adoptable standards had not yet started. There was discussion about financial matters and it was thought that there would be no greater burden on the parish council than before. The date of the next meeting had not been fixed.
8 Co-option of Councillors The clerk said that there had been three applicants. It was noted that one application contained two names and it was agreed to write asking that only one name was put forward. It was agreed to ask two applicants to attend the next meeting.
- Financial Regulations 2019It was agreed to adopt the regulations as amended.
- Clerks Report
- a) Moresby Parks Notice Board The clerk said that the notice board had been fixed and he had the new keys It was agreed to write thanking the donor.
- b) Bank Mandate .The clerk said that he would now proceed to make the necessary changes. This would be to delete Mrs McGuirk and add Mr Troughton and Mrs Ogilvie to the panel of signatures.
- c) Play Area The clerk said that the zip wire repairs were not completed because of sick leave at the district council He said he would speak to Andrew Heskett about the play area report and it may not be necessary to involve the district council
- e) Dog Fouling The clerk said that there was no dog bin at the corner of the middle terrace and he would contact the district council
- f) Defibrillator The chairman said that there had been minor problems with the kiosk. He was attending to the problem but the defibrillator itself was still working.
- g) Speed Bumps Moresby Parks Road The clerk had received a note from Leanne forwarding a request that action be taken to lower that new speed bumps. It was noted that overtaking took place between the bumps and that the police needed to be advised. It was agreed to enquire as to the cost of installing speed warning signs
- h) Use of the Play Area Field The clerk said he had written to Bransty Rangers and received an acknowledgement
- i) Information Commissioner The clerk said that he had obtained a registration certificate which is valid until September 2020.
- j) Allotments The clerk said that he had received an application for a site to the rear of two existing plots He said he would need to look at the area before replying.
- k) Grass Cutting The clerk said that had spoken to the contractor who cuts the grass at Howgate about the three areas mentioned by Alan at the last meeting.
- l) Christmas Tree it was agreed to meet the cost of the tree which would be switched on Tuesday the 3rd December 2019. The clerk said he would contact the vicar.
- m) School Firework Display The head teacher had written and it was agreed to donate £200 to the cost of the display which would be held on the 1st November 2019
- n) Low Moresby The clerk said he had a note from a resident in Low Moresby about the unadopted road to the Roseneath flats and farm. The council discussed the issue at length but came to the view that it could not help and the resident would be advised accordingly.
- o) Speeding Parkfields Road The clerk said that a note from a resident concerning speeding on Parkfields road had been received. It was agreed that the police should be asked to assess the viability of using the area for a speed gun and the resident contact the police with the licence plates of the main culprit.
- Planning Matters
- a) Cabins and Temporary Roads River Keekle There was no objection
- b) Single Dwelling land adjacent o Tow Low. There was no objection
- c) Single story storage shed Outgang Cottage Low Moresby There was no objection
A request from the Great North Air Ambulance for a donation had been received and would be placed on the agenda for the November 2019 meeting
12 Cheques for Payment
101398 Mike Dowling Contractors (Grass Cutting) £288.00
101399 J C Shaw (Salary September) £200.00
101400 J C Shaw (Expenses) £102.71
101401 Copeland B C (Landscape) £801.01
101402 J C Shaw (Expenses) £29.00
101403 Protyre (AL) Motor Mower) £51.60
- Parish Councillors Items
- a) Mrs Ogilvie asked about road signs at the top of School Brow.
- b) Mr Parke asked whether the rugby club could be used for Walkmill Sub Committee meetings
The meeting closed at 8.15pm