The agenda is not published
Minutes of the Meeting of the
Moresby Parish Council
held on the 2nd September 2019 at 7.00 pm.
- Attendance: Chairman Cllr Troughton, Cllrs Boyes, Dixon, Lawson B Parke, L Parke-Parr, County Cllr Barbour, Ward Cllr Minshaw and the Clerk.
2 Apologies and Announcements There were apologies from Cllrs Coward, Horricks and Ogilvie
3 Minutes of the July 2019 meeting of the parish council. These were agreed.
- Declaration of Interests
It was agreed to accept declaration of interests if and when they arose.
- Public participation No members of the public were present
5b. Ward/County Councillor Cllr Barbour said that a proposed weight restriction at Gallows Lonning had been agreed by the Copeland Local Committee of the county council at their meeting on the 2nd September 2019. He had circulated a diversion to the public right of way requested by the Rivers Trust and informed the meeting that the Walkmill country park expression of interest had been successful. Cllr Barbour said that footway repairs on Solway Road were on the 2020/2021 programme. He said at the next meeting he would give a HIMS (Highways Information Monitoring System) presentation. The clerk referred to a note he had received from a resident concerned about the road markings at the school. Cllr Barbour said he would deal with the matter. Ward Cllr Minshaw reported that two of the unlicensed vehicles on Moresby Parks had been removed and the third had a SORN licence. He spoke about a problem of fly tipping on the Commercial Park where the rubbish was on private land. He said he had asked that the grassed area at Moresby Parks opposite numbers 94 to 100 was to be cut. He said the problem with bin collection appeared to have been overcome.
- Police matters The clerk said that the July report contained the following logs:
RTC – HOWGATE ROUNDABOUT – MINOR DAMAGE
RTC – A595 HOWGATE – MINOR DAMAGE
CONCERN FOR WELFARE – PREMIER INN
CONCERN FOR WELFARE – TIVOLI COTTAGES
CONCERN FOR WELFARE – LOW MORESBY
CONCERN FOR WELFARE – ROSEHILL THEATRE
PUBLIC ORDER – WALKMILL SERVICES – STAFF REPORTING CUSTOMER
CRIMINAL DAMAGE – MORESBY PARKS – DAMAGE TO VEHICLE
THEFT – PREMIER INN
SUSPICIOUS CIRCS – LOW MORESBY – MALES SELLING DOOR TO DOOR – ALL IN ORDER
SUSPICIOUS CIRCS – MORESBY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE – ALL IN ORDER NIGHT TIME DELIVERY
VIOLENCE AGAINST PERSON – PREMIER INN – NO CRIME – MENTAL HEALTH RELATED
HIGHWAY DISTRUPTION – TREE IN ROAD – COUNCIL CONTACTED
The August contained the following logs:
HIGHWAY DISTRUPTION – HOWGATE A595 – FAULTY SPEED CAMERA
ASSAULT – WHITEHAVEN GOLF CLUB – OFFENDER UNKNOWN
CRIMINAL DAMAGE – LOW MORESBY – NEIGHBOUR DISPUTE
CRIMINAL DAMAGE – WHITEHAVEN GOLF CLUB
ASSAULT – ROWNTREE CRESCENT – 1 ARRESTED
DOMESTIC INCIDENT – HOWGATE INN
ASSAULT – HOWGATE INN – 1 ARRESTED
There was nothing to report to the police.
- Walkmill Sub-committee report The chairman reported that the expression of interest has been approved by the county council and the sub-committee was to meet on Wednesday the 4th September 2019.
- Financial Regulations It was agreed that the clerk would provide a draft final copy at the October meeting
- Clerks Report
- a) Moresby Parks Notice Board The clerk said that the notice board had been made safe with new hinges and Mrs Coward had reported that a new back board was to be fixed in place.
- b) Bank Mandate .The clerk said that he would now proceed to make the necessary changes.
- c) Play Area The clerk said that the zip wire repairs were proving more difficult than was first expected He referred to the play area report which had just been received and would provide a action plan for the next meeting.
- d) Filling of Councillor Vacancies It was agreed to place a notice on the website and meanwhile councillors would make these vacancies known..
- e) Dog Fouling The clerk said that he had been contacted by Neil Horricks who had a dog fouling problem referred to him whilst delivering the newsletter. The clerk said it appeared to be by the allotments and he would check that the dog bin had been sited at the allotment entrance.
- f) Grant application. The clerk read a letter from a resident requesting a donation to assist with her further education It was agreed that a donation could not be made but the clerk would refer the applicant to the Cumbria Foundation “Live the Dream” fund.
- g) Old Railway Line Steps The clerk said that the county council had acknowledged that the steps were part of the Right of Way and he said he would enquire as to the progress made to make the steps safe.
- h) Grass Cutting The clerk said that he had been contacted by a resident who asked that a certain area on School Brow be cut Alan said that he would include the area. Alan Lawson said that there were three areas where the overhanging trees needed to be cut back to continue the grass cutting. The clerk said that he would speak to the district council.
- i) Defibrillator The chairman said that there had been minor problems with the kiosk. He was attending to the problem but the defibrillator itself was still working.
- j) Use of the Play Area Field The clerk said he had been approached by a Mr Gordon Smith on behalf of Bransty Rangers under 8’s girls football team asking whether the team could use the playing field on every other Sunday morning for a proper match against other teams. The parish council gave the matter full consideration but it was agreed that the request should be refused. It was suggested that they approach the Rugby Club to see if their field was available
- Planning Matters. Application for a detached garage at Mountain View Scilly Banks. There was no objection
12 Cheques for Payment
101387 Ink Design Print Cumbria (Newsletter) £188.00
101388 Inland Revenue (Tax) £150.00
101389 Moresby School (CCC) (Donation for Skip) £288.00
101390 J C Shaw (Salary July/August) £400.00
101391 Copland B C (Bins/Grass Cutting) £229.24
101392 Playsafety Ltd (Play area Report) £99.00
101393 Mike Dowling Contractors (Grass Cutting) £144.0
101394 J C Shaw (Expenses) £65.62
101395 Parton Village Hall (Play area Maintenance) £150.50
101396 Protyre (Motor Mower Tyre) £21.00
101397 Stamper (AL) (Mower Fuel) £234.00
- Parish Councillors Items
- a) Mr Lawson asked when the pavements on Dent Road and Highmoor Road would be improved.
- b) Mrs Boyes said that the road repair signs on the old A595 had not been removed County Cllr Barbour said that the work was incomplete and the speed camera was not working.
- c) Mrs Dixon had been asked to report the lamp at 7 Parkfields. Mr Parke said that this was the light he had reported earlier.
- d) Mrs Dixon had been asked to enquire when the pavement weeds were to be attended to
- e) Mrs Parke said that complaints had been received about the empty house and overrun garden which had been reported before. The clerk said he would speak to the empty homes officer.
- f) Mrs Parke said that the light on the Pit road was not working.
The meeting closed at 8.24pm